Powder Like Sand

brendac

I had ordered LS... When I put it in the aquarium my water went like a milky cloudy color... I let it clear up and then I noticed that there was some sift in places(like powder) not all of the sand but some of it in places. Is this a normal thing with LS??

sepulatian

Originally Posted by BrendaC
I had ordered LS... When I put it in the aquarium my water went like a milky cloudy color... I let it clear up and then I noticed that there was some sift in places(like powder) not all of the sand but some of it in places. Is this a normal thing with LS??
Yup, give it some time to settle.

mikeyjer

Run carbon and filters, that will help to clear it up...Keep those sponges clean!!! :happyfish

brendac

We cleaned the sponges and carbon early last night and now this morning at 7:21 its just about clear again. Hey I really like LS much better then CC, Thanks everyone for your help... WOW I can actually see in there again :cheer:

dmjordan

You will probably need to clean the sponges again just because of all the sand that gets trapped in them from you adding LS. Just remember to try not to stir the sandbed and don't vacuum it when cleaning tank.