Power head 1 more?

si12ius

90 gallon tank with mag drive-1200 gph, 1200 maxi jet.
My question is I was thinking about getting the coralia 295gph rotating, magnetic power head... do you think I should use both of em or could I just use the coralia? If I do just use the coralia what size do you think I should go with... If you have a better idea or power head in mind plz let me know before I get the wrong one! thanks so much.

rylan1

You could buy the mod kit for the maxi jet... $15-$20 and triple the flow, instead of a korila...

N

nereef

anyone use the maxi jet mod? is it much bigger or louder? is it worth the money if you already use maxi jets?

harris28

Originally Posted by NEreef
http:///forum/post/2492958
anyone use the maxi jet mod? is it much bigger or louder? is it worth the money if you already use maxi jets?
I run the mods on my 2 maxi jets in my 75. I have a modded 400 and 900. I actually had to turn off the 900 because I was having too much sand blowing around and no matter where I put it created a sand storm. It is pretty big but I like the look of it better and mine is not loud. Now the 900 when i would loose power and it cam back on would be loud because the propeller would be striking the anti reverse tab. But you just pick the PH upto the top of the water for a second and it stops hitting it. So while they are in operation no noise, bigger yes but looks cool, more flow oh heck yeah, recomend if you already have MJ's..Yes!!