Power Head Question

bigal0221

I need some help with my powerheads. I have a 125g - 6 ft. long tank and the guy at my LFS helped me set it up. I currently have 2 Korallia 4's that he placed on the back glass pointed forward to the front glass. This is making very good flow at the surface but the problem is that the tank is so narrow the flow is directing off the front glass and blowing the sand all over the place in the front of the tank. I thought that I may move the 4's to each end of the tank at a little lower position maybe near the top of the LR and then put two Korallia 1' or 2's in the back position to keep the good flow at the water surface. Does this sound like it would work or is it too much flow?
Thanks for any suggestions!

nigerbang

Originally Posted by bigal0221
http:///forum/post/2976666
I need some help with my powerheads. I have a 125g - 6 ft. long tank and the guy at my LFS helped me set it up. I currently have 2 Korallia 4's that he placed on the back glass pointed forward to the front glass. This is making very good flow at the surface but the problem is that the tank is so narrow the flow is directing off the front glass and blowing the sand all over the place in the front of the tank. I thought that I may move the 4's to each end of the tank at a little lower position maybe near the top of the LR and then put two Korallia 1' or 2's in the back position to keep the good flow at the water surface. Does this sound like it would work or is it too much flow?
Thanks for any suggestions!
take off the deflectors and mount them on the sides

tank a holic

+1
I have one low in the tank (also a 125) pointing across the bottom and the other halfway up the side on the opposite end pointing to the surface in the middle of the tank
the one blowing across the bottom should be pointed just high enough that it doesn't disturb the sand