Power heads...

wade163

I currently have power heads in my tank, and they have been doing fine in the 75g tank. Some one gave me 3 additional, and I want to know what to do with them...how to use them in my tank effectivly. I have one 400 gph, 850gph, and a 1200gph. I dont want to blow my fish away, but I want to provide them with a lil something....but what i have now is working....

bpro32

put the ph's on a timer so you get random flow, kind of like low tide and high tide in the ocean. When I get my return working again that is what I am going to do with the extra powerheads I have

wade163

2 of my power heads are 1200 that sit on opposite ends of the tank, that rotate, the other is a maxi jet 400 that sit on the back wall and point up to aggitate the water....

jeanheckle

Originally Posted by wade163
http:///forum/post/2812858
2 of my power heads are 1200 that sit on opposite ends of the tank, that rotate, the other is a maxi jet 400 that sit on the back wall and point up to aggitate the water....
Sounds like a perfect setup.

C

curve

Sounds like your flow is perfect to me. I wouldn't add anymore unless you are going to alternate them and you really don't need to do that.

mr_x

wait a second. the 2 that are 1200's...are they maxijet 1200's or are they 1200 gph powerheads? if they are mj 1200's, they are only 295gph, and i think you should increase the flow in your tank. if they are 1200gph powerheads, then i think you are good the way you are.
if you have the first configuration, i'd remove the mj400 and replace it with a mj1200, then replace the 2 mj1200s with the 800 and 1200gph powerheads.

wade163

yea your right...they are 295gph...but I was always told....if it aint broke, dont fix it...but I will check in to that...any other ideas?

wade163

so i just put the old 1200 in the back and have them cross crosing each other...then i have the k4 1200 gph on one side of the tank, and a K3 of 850 on the other side...does that sound ok...or is that too much??

robertmathern

Well I think you said you have a 55 gal. If you do What is the flow rate of the return pump assuming you have a sump on something. I think you are fine.

wade163

no...i have a 75g, and I dont have a pump. But I think i got it goin fine. I will watch them over the next few days, and decide if too much is going on...

S

swalchemist

2 TUNZE 6100s on multi-controller, interval 1 with wave box. Tried everything in between and found nothing that compares or lasts longer for the dollars.