Power out

fishe1

Last night the power went off for about 5 minutes. As you may know I have nothing in my tank and I have a 330 bio-wheel filter. When the power came back on, everything came back on, but my bio wheels didn't start turning. I checked this morning and they still were not turning. Is this a problem? My tank is already cycled. There is water coming out of the filter, and the rio-max PH is working fine, but the whells are not turning. I figured it wasn't too much of a problem since the tank was already cycled, but just wanted to check.

fishieness

it wouldnt be a problem realy, it just wouldnt work. Bio wheels are benificial. Try taking it of and putting it back on again. There is probably something that is stuck in the axil.

kdfrosty

I disagree.
You need to refill the container (w/ SW) behind the wheels. You are trying to dry start it.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by KDFrosty
I disagree.
You need to refill the container (w/ SW) behind the wheels. You are trying to dry start it.
Not a total disagree!!! I would do both like what fishiness said and what you said, sometimes either way will help. But he did say the water IS coming out just the wheels are not turning, best to take the wheel off and put it back on to check IMO just like what fishiness said. :happyfish

kdfrosty

My bad....
Yup, what fishieness said.
I didn't realize that there was "water coming out of the filter". I'd still recommend filling it all the way before starting though.

fishe1

Yea its probably just being a pain. I did pour SW on the wheels and in the filter itself and it still didnt move. When I go back I will take them off and try putting them on again. Thanks

S

sinner's girl

is your water level low? mine has a hard time restarting if the water level in the tank is low. Just a thought.

fishe1

Well I got it started again, after messing with it for about an hour, still dont know what I did to get it started. My water is a little low, but I am adding LR soon so I dont want to add any water to it until I add the LR and then I am doing a water change.