Power Outage

bessycerka

In Gilmanton, NH the power would go out average once a week, winter, spring, fall , and summer, no storm, no reasons just BECAUSE, it'd stay off long enough to have to re-prime canister filters, it was a constant nusiance. What is with them up there, I still own the house, but I can't live there with saltwater fish! Here in Louisiana there hasn't been even a flicker of power failure, even with wicked rain storms.

scarbone

we get them alot here in ca. its just maintenance this time. i guess ill run the pumps with out the light and heaters thanks for the help everyone.

matt b

i remember like 2 yrs ago i had a full 75 tank and we got a ice storm and the power was out for over a week and i lost everything

janastasio

trust me, I do think about generators, but that just isnt in the budget! Some day and some day I'll have that 500 gallon tank!!! Good luck, I'm sure all will work out just fine.

uberlink

Originally Posted by srfisher17
Maybe even jack up the heat (house & tank) before the outage; water cools much slower than air...and you are in So.Cal.
I don't think this would be a good idea to crank the heat in the tank. The fluctuation is more problematic than the temperature. But it's not a bad idea to increase the heat in the house.
Try to run a couple of powerheads using your little battery gadget there, and wrap a blanket or two around and over the tank. I think you'll be just fine.