power sweep powerhead

browniebuck

Has anyone used or heard of anyone using the Power Sweep powerheads? I saw them and liked the fact that they rotate on their own to help insure water circulation to all parts of the tank. They are rather reasonable in comparison to other powerheads (from $15.99 (125 gph) to $31.99 (270 gph). I was thinking of getting two of them for my 55 gallon FOWLR.

perfectdark

Yep thats what I have heard too. For the price I heard they work well, you need to clean them often and they dont last forever. But I too am thinking about trying one just to say I did.

stanlalee

If you REALLY want a rotating nozzle look into a Sea Swirl or WavySea device. these are MUCH more expensive and reliable. easier to incooperate with a sump if you have one.

I bought one a few months ago for my 110 High, it works as it should and I have not had any problems with it. HOWEVER, I am about to take mine out and hide it away in a box in the basement, lol. It is VERY noisy and tends to send a LOT of vibrations through the tank. I have inspected the powerhead and it seems to be be working the way it should, but it is not designed to run quiet very quiet I guess. It is amazing the difference in noise in my set up when the unit is running vs when it is not.

maryg

I've been using one for a few months. It works fine. I got a used one with my 90gal and it is stuck. I clean mine regularly.

reefkprz

I have one it constantly stops working and have to tear it apart and clean it then it works for a week or two then repeats the seizure. not worth the money for the amount of effort you have to put into keeping them working right