Powerhead help

infalable

I need to place a powerhead 2/3rds the way down my tank (as opposed to hanging on the top edge) to get a flow in hard to reach places. Can anyone recommend a powerhead than can be placed closer to the bottom. Many powerheads can hang on the edge or ose suction cups, but the suction cups never seem strong enough to hold up the powerhead. I saw an eheim aquaball that looked like it might work, but not sure how it attaches to the tank. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

aarone

i just bought a maxijet today, and they have a nice suction cup set up. Its a upside down triangle. and the suction cups are rubber not that clear plastic crap that gets worthless after water hits it for a month. that and they are really deep for good suction. Just go on ----. and search for powerhead. i bought two maxijet 1200's for under 40 dollars with shipping. good deal.

jumpfrog

If your rockwork supports it, place the power head within the rockwork. I have several that way. In a few months the coraline buildup just about makes the powerhead disappear. Of course, removing and cleaning is a bit of a pain, but ..... it works!