Powerhead keeps falling

My powerhead keeps slipping off the glass. its suction-cupped. I dont want it to keep falling on my corals/rocks.
How do I get it to stay? I scraped and cleaned the glass, and the cups, and it still falls.

nigerbang

as far as I know they are..I know alot of ppl who use them..Mag floats are bad for reefs...Why would that be?

just did a search for suregrip. Since that specifically for reefs, Im going to get that. trying to find a place that sells them for cheap.
thanks all :D

bronco300

i have gotten some smaller magnets from gaussboys that work just fine, just get the epoxy covered mags

fishguy56

The wire to my power heads run through a clip attached to the back of my tank and has a snug grip on the wire. My power heads cannot fall down due to the wire will not let it.

scsinet

Originally Posted by fishguy56
The wire to my power heads run through a clip attached to the back of my tank and has a snug grip on the wire. My power heads cannot fall down due to the wire will not let it.
I do something similar. I have a stainless steel screw in my canopy directly above the powerhead. I ran the wire straight up and over this screw, and secured it with a little tie-wrap. The suction cups hold fine with the wire taking the weight of the powerhead.

scsinet

Originally Posted by peckhead
is this true???
I'd also be interested in hearing this one. I cannot think of a reason why they'd be bad... ???