Powerhead placement advise 150 RR Pic inside

jshepherd

I am open to ditching all of these 2x mj900 2x mj1200(only one in right now) 2x hydor #4 and getting fewer but nicer ones.
I am having a very hard time getting flow across the sand without disturbing it.
I also have a reeflo Dart as my main pump. I am starting to move into reef from fowler and think it would be a good idea to get the pumps where I want them now so I can better place corals.
Thanks you for your time.

devil dog

Well... you want your flow to be even in your tank... so point it at the front glass to make it less direct... the thing to remember is you want flow/water movement not presser... I hope that help… good luck

jshepherd

I think the maxi jets w sure flo mods are so direct that while they have great flow numbers they do not distribute the flow well. If you get close to pointing them at the glass the flow follows the glass and washed out the sand still.
I am not opposed to getting some nice tunze units or whatever. Cost is not a problem for the most part. I dont mind spending $500 or more for a pair of pumps that would eliminate all of these and clean up the look of the tank.

oceansidefish

You can get two tunze nano's and mod them with a dremmel.... More flow than you could ever need. Cost about 200 total for both

jshepherd

Originally Posted by reefboy1994
http:///forum/post/2951812
I wish I wasnt worried about spending that much !!!
No offense but when you accept the task of running a 100 + tank you also accept that money slips through your fingers like crazy