Powerhead PLACEMENT

fatmatt

I only have 1 powerhead and just orderd a filter(penguin 330) for my 20gal tank and im not sure where to place both in my tank i was thinking about ordering 1 more powerhead and put 1 power head in each back coner face it to the sent and have the filter goin 2 but i also im not sure if the powerheads need to be place in the middle of the tank at the bottem or on top and it would be best if i dont have to order a other powerhead, cuz i bin runin my moms credit card latly

A

andretti

I put two on top and two on the bottom, but that's for a 125. If you only have one I would put it twords the bottom so that the water will get mover around down there. You really should get another one for the top because you want your water to ripple on the top. This allows for oxygen exchange and the removal of carbon dioxide. Remember you should be turning your tank over 15-20 times per hour. That means with a 40 gallon tank you should have between 600-800 gallon per hour of water movement. That includes all filters, powerheads, skimmers, etc.