powerhead question

cmiles

where is the best place to put a powerhead in my tank i just purchased one today. i have live rock stacked about 3/4 of the way to the top and to the center of the tank.
:needhelp:

who dey

what size is your tank? i have one shooting behind the rocks, one across the front of the rocks and one shooting accross to top for good agitation and oxygen flow. this is for a 55

mikeyjer

I just bought two maxi jets 1200 and put one on each end on the back. That should do the trick for you...

snipe

Maxi jet 900's would be better they use way less watts and are only 5gph smaller. I have 4 powerheads and I could probly get buy with 2. 2 of them are small (maxi jet 400's) They blow straight. 2 are jebo ap1500's (300GPH) one blows on front of the glass and up and one blows no the back glass and down to keep stuff from setteling behind the tank.

jr1053

I'm using three 1200 Maxi-Jets in my 110 gallon FO tank and have one agitating the water surface, and two pointed at each other at either extreme end of my tank. Was thinking also of adding a rotating device to each powerhead called the Hydor "Flo" wavemaker which moves in a circular pattern and directs the water spray 360 degrees.
John

shorty

I just bought a maxi jet 1200 is that good for a 55g and whats with the gph I thought I just needed one power head.

K

kpatrick

I have 6 in my 125g along with a mag9 coming from my sump. Its all personal preference on how many you have. I have 4 of mine connected to a wavemaster pro. I made the mistake of getting the maxijet 1200 before I realized the maxijet 900 use less then half the power and are close to the same GPH. When mine die I will switch from 1200s to 900s