powerhead replacement

mona

i have a 75g tank..
i have 3 powerheads rated at 300GPH.
I dont have a sump. Is this better: Turbelle Stream 6060
Can you put the Turbelle Stream 6060 inside the aquarium or is it just for sumps?
If so, can ONE Turbelle Stream 6060 replace my 3 powerheads or would it be too much pressure in my tank? :notsure:

moneyman

Stream goes into the main tank... not the sump.
One Stream will not get the coverage you need. But, two will be over kill for your 75g.
You might want to look at 2 x SEIO 820.

mona

One won't be enough? here is the info:
Turbelle® stream 6060
(6060.000)
for aquariums of 250 - 800 l (66 - 211.3USgal.)
Output: 6000l/h, (1,585USgal./h)
Pump wattage: 11W
Voltage / Frequency: 230V/50Hz
Cable length: 2m; (78.7in.)
Dimensions: ø98 x 118mm; (diam. 3.9 x 4.6in.)
Outlet diam.: ø50 / 47mm; (diam. 1.9/1.8 in.)
What is the brand name for the one you mentioned so I can Draze it?

moneyman

The problem is that you will mount the Steam on one side of the aquarium. Water will flow out of the nozzel about 1/2 way down the tank, then do a u-turn and get sucked in again. The other 1/2 of the tank will see little flow.
SEIO pumps are made by RIO. You can google "rio seio superflow".

moneyman

The nozzle of a regular powerhead is probably 1/2" while the nozzel of the SEIO is probably 2". Thus, the Stream/SEIO will have a wider output flow. It's like pumping the same GPH of water through a garden hose or a 2" pipe. The garden hose will 'throw' water further. The 2" pipe will output a wider, softer, shorter-throw flow.

mona

also, for a 75G tank, i believe the Model 620 is good. Two of them on each side, right? Plus I have a skimmer which is 300GPH speed. So that puts me close to 1500GPH for a 75G tank.
is it good?

moneyman

The SEIO has a lot of parts therefore doesn't feel as solid as a Maxijet. Things need to be tightly secured to prevent vibration. To clean the pump, you'll need to take apart 5 things (screw, cap w/ O-ring, a wedge, impeller, impeller rod) not accounting for the mounting modules (ie, sunction cups).
The manufacture discourages using a wavemaker to run the SEIO.
I have 2 SEIO 620s for 9 months and never had any problems.
2 SEIO 620 is fine.

E

essop3

Why not a 1100 on each side instead of 4 620s? It would be enough flow and cheaper too. Or did you mean 1 620 on each side?
Remember that Seio pumps cannot be used with a wavemaker or timer.

mona

i meant 1 620 on each side, and remove my other powerheads.
I won't use a wavemaker since i dont know what it is. I just wanted to replace my POWERHEADS with something longer lasting and more durable..
So 2 SEIO 620s are sufficient?
How often do you clean it? My current power heads, I just had to snap off like 2 pieces to clean the impellar and i did this maybe every 2 months or so..
I just want better stronger powerheads..

moneyman

I clean all my powerheads once a month... but that's just my schedule.
2 x SEIO 620s are fine for most 75g w/ 300 gph skimmer.