powerhead / skimmer troubles

tbrod

Hey guys and gals, I have always run my berlin skimmer with my return pump (branched off) and have alway been able to control the flow to the skimmer. I do need what I think is excess flow to the skimmer in order to get enough bubbles to the skimmer. So I wanted to try this powerhead and use the inlet to suck bubbles into the powerhead to add to the amount the skimmer is already putting out with less flow. BUT the backpressure from the skimmer just causes the power head to shoot the water out the inlet hose instead of sucking air.
I know this is a rather simple/stupid question, but does anybody have and easy answers to this.
Thanks

thangbom

r u just trying to get a powerhead to suck in a air/water mixure?.. i kinda dont read your post right (i think it's only me.. but then agin no 1 els answered yet.) .. anyways.. if this is the the case.. that answer is soo rediculusly easy to solve.... what exactly what u are trying to de my friend if modding your venturi skimmer to be half n half venturi and needle wheele .... alll u have to do is go the the hardware store.. buy a 2'' peice of rubber hole.. then jam that into the inlet of the powerhead.. the closer u get it to the impellar the better.. that this dose is when the impellar sucks in wter.. the tube will introduce air into the water for iwater will make a semi seal around the tube and cause a semi suckshion drawing in air..