Powerhead vs. BH Tang

capbarrow2

Well sadly, I must tell you that my $9.99 BH Tang from SWF.com has not made it. I came in this evening to find her attached to the intake on my powerhead. My worry was in her being so small and the exact thing I worried about happened. My Damsels chased her into the powerhead where she ended up suctioned to it. She is now in quarantine with limited water movement, but I fear she will not make it the night. Any suggestions or ideas on how to save her, being that she is so small?

wattsupdoc

Sorry to hear that. It happens quite frequently with these when thyre so small. How is she acting? Does there appear to be any damage. Most likely, if the fish was on there for any real amount of time. She a gonner. Theres not much I can think of you can do..... However before you attempt it with another tiny fish, look at building some covers that will prevent this from happening. Heres a pic, you can build one of these real easy, or just use a big sponge.
Welcome to the Boards.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by capbarrow2
Well sadly, I must tell you that my $9.99 BH Tang from SWF.com has not made it. I came in this evening to find her attached to the intake on my powerhead. My worry was in her being so small and the exact thing I worried about happened. My Damsels chased her into the powerhead where she ended up suctioned to it. She is now in quarantine with limited water movement, but I fear she will not make it the night. Any suggestions or ideas on how to save her, being that she is so small?
There isn't much you can do. Just hope it didn't scramble anything important on the inside, and have the little dude in pristine water conditions. I've dodged that bullet twice with my puffer, but i'm lucky.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by stdreb27
There isn't much you can do. Just hope it didn't scramble anything important on the inside, and have the little dude in pristine water conditions. I've dodged that bullet twice with my puffer, but i'm lucky.
Yeah; PHs and such can do real damage to a fish's insides (especially a thin fish, I'd guess, I had it happen to a longnose butterfly.) Just a suggestion, but as long as you have those devil damsels, they will dictate everything you can add to your tank. I think getting rid or problem damsels is the most common topic on this site. They can, and will, literally stress to death fish much bigger than themselves.

crashbandicoot

[Begin Infomercial ] Having troubles with pesky damsels ? For 4 easy payments of 49.99 +sh We will ship to your door our specialy designed damsel begone package . It consists of 1 big mean nasty undulated trigger . Watch as damsels magicaly disaper out of your tank . Its as simple as aclimating your damsel be gone to your tank and poof ! With in days your damsel blues will be gone . That frown will turn upside down as your damsels are destroyed before your vary eyes . With out pattented damsel be gone system you are not only going to recive one trigger but if you act with in the next 30 minutes will will send to you as our gift to you one chain mail glove to use for when you need to clean your tank . This is our gift to our special customers . Dont wait supplies are limited so act fast . Call our toll free number now . 1-888-bye-fish. Tell them the grimreeper sent you and recive 1 damsel sized casket . [ End Infomercial]

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
[Begin Infomercial ] Having troubles with pesky damsels ? For 4 easy payments of 49.99 +sh We will ship to your door our specialy designed damsel begone package . It consists of 1 big mean nasty undulated trigger . Watch as damsels magicaly disaper out of your tank . Its as simple as aclimating your damsel be gone to your tank and poof ! With in days your damsel blues will be gone . That frown will turn upside down as your damsels are destroyed before your vary eyes . With out pattented damsel be gone system you are not only going to recive one trigger but if you act with in the next 30 minutes will will send to you as our gift to you one chain mail glove to use for when you need to clean your tank . This is our gift to our special customers . Dont wait supplies are limited so act fast . Call our toll free number now . 1-888-bye-fish. Tell them the grimreeper sent you and recive 1 damsel sized casket . [ End Infomercial]
Rats!!!Every time I get a great money-making idea; someone else beats me to the punch. I lost out on my "thigh-master" idea, too!

jmick

Those tiny Hippo tangs have such a high mortality rate, if it didn't get stuck to the pump then it probably would have died another way.

crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by srfisher17
Rats!!!Every time I get a great money-making idea; someone else beats me to the punch. I lost out on my "thigh-master" idea, too!

I will sell you the company . I need to get out before the bottom falls out .