powerheads

fogger

I have a 55 gal fowlr with one rio 1200, and i know they are not the greatest.
So what powerhead and how many for a 75 fowlr, leaning towards maxis but wanted some input from all that know from here. Moving and am replacing the 55 while at my gf home the 75 will be set up and ready.

acrylic51

Maxijet PH's are very good, you should also check out the Seio PH's as well.....will move alot more water IMO....

acrylic51

Depends on what type of flow your trying to achieve.....They also have a controller for these guys like the Tunze PH's. Those I haven't seen or played with yet.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Maxijet PH's are very good, you should also check out the Seio PH's as well.....will move alot more water IMO....
I was told Seio's were made by Rio. Anybody heard that too?
Anyway, I owned one of the bigger Seios that quit on me after about weeks. Never owned a Maxijet, but hear good things.
Mag pumps work well for me, except they don't like to come back on after I clean them.

larrynews

i have 2 of the above mentioned on is a 620 and 840 love them, i replace some powerheads with them, i have a 90 reef, this is an older picture the two powerheads you see are the ones i replaced

fogger

Originally Posted by larrynews
i have 2 of the above mentioned on is a 620 and 840 love them, i replace some powerheads with them, i have a 90 reef, this is an older picture the two powerheads you see are the ones i replaced
Awesome tank Larry

acrylic51

Yes Seio's are made by Rio, but a little better quality IMO.......Did you ever figure out what went wrong with the PH 1Journeyman?
Mags are known not to take well to on and off after a while....

nigerbang

Originally Posted by acrylic51
They also have a controller for these guys like the Tunze PH's. Those I haven't seen or played with yet.
Holy Crap Tunze Ph are by far the best I have seen...Can limit them down to 30% or have them go 30%to100% or just have them pulsate..and they dont shoot a straight jet of water..It bells out from the moter so you are getting more coverage..

acrylic51

Originally Posted by NigerBang
Holy Crap Tunze Ph are by far the best I have seen...Can limit them down to 30% or have them go 30%to100% or just have them pulsate..and they dont shoot a straight jet of water..It bells out from the moter so you are getting more coverage..
Yeah didn't mention Tunze, because most people would be sticker shocked when they see the prices on them and the controllers.......