Powershot s50 users

suver569

What kind of settings are you using for your closeups? Trying to dial my new one in, and cant seem to get it just right. Everything seems to be a bit grainy.

I have an S50 and I will get back to you . . . no time now, but later.
Sample:

R

royalshrimp

007, where do you get zoos like that??? im going crazy. everyone has such colorful zoos, when i have some brown things on my rock that i call zoos.

Thanks for the compliment! They were acquired from a fellow hobbiest.
As for the camera settings, I just put it on auto for the majority of my shots up to this point. I have not had time to really play with the other settings yet.
The P setting is also nice to work with because you can adjust the WB and EXP values.
Have you read the manual yet? I learned a lot from reading it.

suver569

yep, the manual as i'm sure you know, is fairly detailed. I've checked through it, and started adjusting a few things. But if your getting that nice of shots from the auto function, I'll check that out a bit more.
It's the really close up shots, like the one you posted here, that I'm trying to get. I can get the color like this, but the focus just seems to always be a tid bit out.

Using the timer gives you enough time to get your hands off the camera so it is completely motionless.

suver569

My wife has the touch, she can get some decent closeups. The tripod will be here on monday, and the new lens. Hopefully that'll help.