Predator reef 37-gallon

aw2x3

You do realize that those fish will grow to over 15" long, each, right?
Hardly suitable for a 37gal. tank. Triple the size of the tank and it still wouldnt work.

garnet13aj

Yeah, You're going to either need a bigger tank or a different choice of fish. You have to be careful what you show to people on this site because they care more about a fish's well being than how cool or pretty it is. Crazy, I know!
They pics are cool, but you might want to ask around about getting a more suitable home for them.

babyb

i had ONE niger triger in a 90 gallon and one day he snapped and killed about 200 dollars worth of livestock and in the process got himself killed
needless to say i will never get a trigger again

sigeia

I have up graded my 37-gallon predator reef to 55-gallons, with a 125-gallon in progress I have enjoyed these two triggers for more than two years, and hope to enjoy many more years in a 125-gallon predator reef.

A

azul1994

Nice pics, you may have stunted their growth in such a small tank, if you've had them for 2 years they should be bigger than they are.

grabbitt

Not gonna bother repeating what has already been said about tank size, but with that aside, nice pics. I would love to have a trigger, but I don't have the room

sigeia

Originally Posted by azul1994
Nice pics, you may have stunted their growth in such a small tank, if you've had them for 2 years they should be bigger than they are.
Those pictures were when I first got them, had them in the 38-gallon for close to a year. Here they are now in a 55-gallon. Their new home will be either a 90-gallon each or both in a 180-gallon

mie

Man i love my niger trigger here is what he lives with.
1 niger trigger, 1 gold stripe maroon clown and his Gbta1 purple codyalctic anenome, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 manderine dragonett, 2 green chromis, 1 blue damsil, 1 scooter blenny, 1 coral banded shrimp, 1 camel shrimp (not a pep shrimp) , various mushrooms, some type.......Mine is in a 75 and i have had him for about 8 months and he is close to 3 inches.

sigeia

Originally Posted by mie
Man i love my niger trigger here is what he lives with.
1 niger trigger, 1 gold stripe maroon clown and his Gbta1 purple codyalctic anenome, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 manderine dragonett, 2 green chromis, 1 blue damsil, 1 scooter blenny, 1 coral banded shrimp, 1 camel shrimp (not a pep shrimp) , various mushrooms, some type.......Mine is in a 75 and i have had him for about 8 months and he is close to 3 inches.
My two triggers were very small when I got them. I believe our triggers are very close in size. My plan was to up grade to a 125-gallon aquarium, not sure that will work. I believe two 75-gallon or 90-gallon aquariums might be a better choice. I am sure they will start having issues and not get along in a 125-gallon.
Your 75-gallon sounds really cool love to see some pictures.

larryndana

Most fish that are not their adult size will be ok in smaller tanks, keeping them short term isn't success because they are so young and small. I'd say success it keeping them at their adult stage and size for over a year or two.
With that said, most people say they will up grade their tanks and never do. Because of many, many different reason. This is why you should always start with the tank they are going to stay in. And never upgrage because of a fish, but because you want a bigger tank.

sigeia

Originally Posted by larryndana
http:///forum/post/2327984
Most fish that are not their adult size will be ok in smaller tanks, keeping them short term isn't success because they are so young and small. I'd say success it keeping them at their adult stage and size for over a year or two.
With that said, most people say they will up grade their tanks and never do. Because of many, many different reason. This is why you should always start with the tank they are going to stay in. And never upgrage because of a fish, but because you want a bigger tank.
New fish room, a new 125-gallon aquarium for my 2 Niger triggerfish.