Predatory Community Tanks

conogre

I just snapped this photo and thought I'd hshare it and also point something out.
Many people don't realize that predatory fish often make excellent tankmates as long as one cardinal rule is followed, that being anything small enough to be eaten by somebody else WILL be.
Unlike tangs, angels, butterflies, wrasses and blennies, most predators aren't territorial and completely ignore somthing too large to be dinner.
For example, how many fish do you see in this picture?
The answer is 5.
Mike

conogre

LOL!
Just the Ocellated moray and the urchin.
The 6 line grouper, the snowflake, the P. volitans and the Stonefish were all purchased.
While you see post after post about people releasing unwanted aquarium fish (which I'd be MORE than glad to catch back out!!!**grin**) most of the shallow water fish here in mid-Florida are somewhat lacking in brilliant colors although they DO often make up for it with personalities or bizarre shapes and/or habits.
Mike

chandler04

Thats a HUGE stonefish man. I thought it was a ROCK, lol. I guess thats y they are called stonefish. DUH:rolleyes: . What do you use to take care of the waste from all of those huge fish?