pregnant clown goby???

jobob

so im lookin at my clown goby next to the glass and her stomach is huge!! is she just fat or is it something else? do they breed in aquariums? their was two in there but one died after about a week or so. it looks like a dark ball in her stomach. or is she over fed?

X

xnikki118x

Joe, I have no idea, but I think you'd better get the sick tank ready in case she's gonna have babies! :D I think clown gobies do breed in aquariums, and if clown goby eggs are dark, then I bet she's gonna lay egg soon!
I don't think she's over fed, the convict tang won't let anyone be over fed except himself.
PS. Thanks for setting up my light!!

bdhough

How long ago did the other one die? Its very unlikely they mated in such a short time. It looks more like your fish has either over eaten or has a parasite in their stomach. Keep in mind fish lay eggs which are then fertilized. So a fish wont look pregnant in the traditional way we may think.

jobob

the other one died about a month ago.so even if she does have eggs,their isnt a male to ferilize them. well so much for small frys!

motameto

I had a sailfin blenny that did the same thing. Mine had a bacterial infection. Set up sick tank and use maracyn two

X

xnikki118x

If it is a bacterial infection, buddy, you're welcome to my PimaFix--says it treats internal bacterial infections, so if you don't have Maracyn Two/don't have the money for it, you can use this stuff. :) I'm gonna do some searching on the disease forum and on google to see if that's really what it is, and I'll let you know when/if I find anything.
Anyway, is she still eating normally and hanging out around the toadstools like usual? Because if so, that's a good sign!!

jobob

shes doin fine eating swiming. she still sits on the toadstool, and now she found a new home in the tree leather. i think im goin to wait to see what happens. if it gets bigger or stops eating. i did have a firefish die today? i think the pistol shrimp got to him? i havent see the other one either? i hope he is still alive.the water is perfect, all the other fish ok.???? the pistol found a new home under the rock where the firefish lived.thats y i think its him.