pregnant coral banded shrimp

twhfan

OK, so a few weeks ago I added a second coral banded shrimp to my tank and waited for the battle - the second was part of a tank buy-out I did and wasn't sure they would get along. Well, now, looking at the bulging belly of the one, and watching the displays of the other, I feel I have myself a pregger shrimp. So, anyone have any success hatching the buggers? Any idea of what to do? I doubt at this point I can even catch the pregger one, but it would be so neat to be able to tank raise CBS for the fish trade. I have them in a 120 reef, and they hide behind the rock work most of the time.

dive1

I have had a pair in my tank since I set up the 110 and one looks like it is preg a lot. I figure it is good live food for everyone else. I even put in a black molly for a while for the same purpose. everyone happy to get live food. That is the way it happens in nature.

leboeuf

can a normal CBS mate or be compatible with a gold CBS? I think they are really cool and mine has not harmed anything in my reef as many other hobbiest have experienced. However, he is extremely territorial and even lunges at me when I stick my ugly mug against the glass........