pregnant six line wrasse

jeremy888

I have a fairly small six line wrasse, it may be 2.5 inches max. and it had been hiding for a few days. so i sat down to look at my tank today and i noticed it swimming awkwardly, almost like it was weighed down. I took a closer look and its belly was huge, so im assuming its pregant. The problem is that i dont have any other wrasses in my tank. I had a filamented flasher wrasse a little bit ago, but hes been dead for about 4 months, and i got the six line about 2 months ago. anyone know of any diseases that involve the fish's stomach getting big, or know of any things the fish can do to put off pregnancy for a few months?

pfitz44

fish dont get "pregnent" they spawn. the female will lay eggs, and the male will fertilize them.

hpartovi

Mine had the same problem, eliminating solid waste. I feed it no flake only live or frosen and the problem finly went away.

O

oreo12

Originally Posted by PFitz44
fish dont get "pregnent" they spawn. the female will lay eggs, and the male will fertilize them.
I don't know about salt water fish. But there are many fresh water fish that give birth to live babys. mollys and plates I know for sure do.

alyssia

Originally Posted by oreo12
I don't know about salt water fish. But there are many fresh water fish that give birth to live babys. mollys and plates I know for sure do.
Guppies do also.

unleashed

could be a few things bloat, dropsy or constipation or internal paresites i suggest doing up some research about diseases

dogstar

My six line sometimes acts so strang that I have to look twice, jerks like doing backflips and swims sideways ect. Sometimes after feeding the other fish it looks bloated when I dont even see it eat. Im not saying that nothing is wrong but could be fine.
BTW, 2.5 in. is a good size for a six-line.

jeremy888

well, the water quality is fine, and i only feed them frozen brine or mysis shrimp, with the occasional frozen meat. What are the symptoms of dropsy?