price on purple tang

clownfish78

I saw a purple tang about 7"-8" at a local fs that cost $159.99 its usally what they cost are is this a rip off just curious my friend who has 3 sw tanks said it was a bit much

kreach

We usually see purple tangs for $80-100... but they are usually only 3-4" in size. $159 for a 7-8" one may be a little high, but not by much, imo.

clownfish78

I also seen a purple tang about 6" at a local ***** 130 that also had a 5" sohal tang for 140 can't belive thet would carry expensive fish when they can't care for there much cheaper fish there sw fish usally always have ich when I am there

humuhumu

I don't even buy feeder fish there. With ***** the story is always the same...sick fish! I can always find better prices and better quality animals elsewhere.

fireo1o

clownfish78....i have botten fish from my local *****, i guess im a lucky one because my local ***** takes reletively good care of there fish and tanks, they are always very clear and most of the time the fish look pretty healthy. its just conviniate since its only about 3 min drive from my house. i do prefer lfs stores but the neares one that i really like is about an hours drive.

The ***** near me is actually a half way decent store. I bought a 5 inch Sohal there a few weeks ago, and it was in perfect condition. None of the fish at the store have ick either. O yeah and the reason im saying all this is because they had a 6 inch purple for 50$.Dam good deal :yes:

cadbury

Also got mine for $49, you just have to shop around. The LPS my my house had one smaller than mine for 120, thats riduculoues.

ogden10

Just last night I was at the local ***** and they had a Purple Tang for 49.00. Looked to be in good health too. In addition the had Niger Trigers for 12.00 which I thought was a great price also. The 16 year old working there left something to be desired however:D

when I bought mine the lady at the lfs said that 15 years ago purple tangs were $250-300. My dad was so excited when he saw it for 45 because he always wanted one back in the 300 buck days. So I guess I'll just wait 15 years to get a golden puffer. haha.

michael7979

Purple tangs range from $50 - $80 here doesn't sound real weird. I'd be worried about getting it to acclimate and eat.