Prices for RO water

fla. keys

Just wondering what people are paying per gallon for RO water????
I get mine at Wal-Mart from the Culligan water machine at .33/gallon.

krusk

Please test phosphate level from Human Consumsion Ro water.
I read somewhere or on this board state that RO water for human consumsion does not remove phosphate. But I never have a chance to get them and tested to verify the statement. Because I have RO/DI unit myself

krusk

.33 / gallon is average for Ro water
there are places in town that sell .29 to .39 / gallon

drummerboy

I get mine from the Meijers (like walmart) culagan water machine for .29 cents if I provide the jug. And I've tested it for phosphates and it's clean. The other water they sell though, like the absopure I had to buy the other day, does contian phosphates, more than my tap water! So test your water before you start using it! I had to dump five gallons down the drain.

jodeman

I haven't found a machine in my area, so I've been buying distilled, ro water from wallyworld @ .58/gal. My next major purchase WILL be a ro unit for my house.

ruaround

Get on ---- and check out reverse osmosis...there are some great prices on there...i picked a 50 gpd up from Water Filters R' Us for 139.99 w/ s-n-h.I used the buy it now for 119.99 + 20 s-n-h.
I hooked it up friday and did water changes on three of my tanks.

superdust

Hey ruaround you wouldn't have an email address to this filter place would you? I can't find them on ---- right now, so I figured I would send them and email to see what they have.

superdust

Thanks ruaround,
I think I might check into their systems sometime in the near future. What all did you get with your system...did it include a holding tank, faucet, etc.
Thanks, Dustin

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I suggest you test your water. I tested one of the local water machines and it was full of phosphates.

fla. keys

Most super wal-mart stores have a r/o machine with the re-fillable bottles handy. 33 cents at mine. They usually keep 1 gal, 3 gal or 5 gal jugs handy. These machines are almost always in the section where they sell sodas.

catera

run around i did the same thing. the guy there was very nice and personable. i have his name and number if you do a search on th e name water filters r'us. i love mine. did you ever test yours runa around???