prices on 3 different tanks?

brokendeck

i went to a LFS today and got prices on a 125 150 and 180 gal. This is the prices i got.
125 was $356.00 with 2 overflows
150 was $475.00 with 2 overflows
180 was $650.00 with 2 overflows
These prices are for the tank only and they are brand new. Also comes with glass tops for all of them. Good price on any of these? I dont wanna overpay for a tank ya know.

chewwy

Seem pretty fair to me, I know with the stand it would be about 1000 at my local fish stores for tanks of those sizes. Definitely seems within reason atleast, less than 400 for a 125 predrilled is nice.

deejeff442

glasscages.com if you dont mind waiting a couple weeks
actually just looked and they are around the same for the 180.lfs seems like a great prich for a store .

brokendeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/382396/prices-on-3-different-tanks#post_3337193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokendeck http:///forum/thread/382396/prices-on-3-different-tanks#post_3337079
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/thread/382396/prices-on-3-different-tanks#post_3337070
Those prices are basically the going rate. Any idea what brands?
they have them in marineland, cant remember what the other brand was. all 3 sizes in both brands.
I think those prices are just about right.
awesome. good deal then. ill go ahead and get the 180

deejeff442

what do you mean by consistant.i was planning to get a 390 gallon in the spring when my construction picked up.i havnt found too many places that sell big tanks.
i found a couple places but their price was more than double.i have a frient i can get any glass i want and build myself and another to make the stand as he made the one for my 250.maybe better to make it myself?

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///forum/thread/382396/prices-on-3-different-tanks#post_3337207
what do you mean by consistant.i was planning to get a 390 gallon in the spring when my construction picked up.i havnt found too many places that sell big tanks.
i found a couple places but their price was more than double.i have a frient i can get any glass i want and build myself and another to make the stand as he made the one for my 250.maybe better to make it myself?
I have no dealt with them personally. But on many forums you'll see a split among people as to whether they were satisfied with the tank or not. I have read many times that the silicone gives out, that seems to be the most common complaint. Some people are happy, others are not. To me, a fish tank that is only getting a 50% or so positive rating isn't worth it, even if it's half price.

deejeff442

well i might look into making one my self as i have taken apart many used tanks including my 250 and put them back together.i would never trust a used tank.
plus i think they are in california so that would only make the headache worse if something is wrong.thanks

dmanatee

i know this may sound strange but look into c-list and some large resale shops. I got my $125 already drilled with glass top for $150 at a resale place. That being said I did have to clean it as it was very dusty and I replaced the selant just for practical purposes. just a thought.

deejeff442

i look all the time for big tanks but nothing bigger than 150 or so.i want to do an 8 foot by 30 by 30.want to go bigger like a 10 foot but thats getting too long and not practical.i would love a 500 gallon but cant figure out dimensions that would fit a room and not look overbearing.plus it will be a reef so depth is a consideration.so i went with dimensions that would look great and didnt worry about the gallons.my 250 is 6 foot 24 by 33 tall.so 6 inches more front to back and 2 foot longer .i think that is 390 gallons which would still be a nice tank.i already have everything for it except need to buy a few more power heads.maybe another 100 lbs of rock
i got my 250 on c-list for $300 pre drilled.although i run an overflow.