Pricked by my long stem urchin

daddyjama

Should I worry? I got pricked with two of the spikes on my forearm.. i got a little redish mark... two purple spots where i was pricked..

trippkid

I used to get pricked all of the time when I had a Long spiny one, never had any real reactions, just hurts alot. Make sure some of the spine is not still in you, that can happen easily, kind of like a bee sting. Some sensitive people would probably have worse reactions. I hope this help a little. Maybe put some ice on it, should help stinging.

saltfish123

the sting is equal to that of a bee sting and unless you have no allergic reaction don't worry, try hot soapy water and then ice...... iam no expert just did a little research

scgator

I read that you can use vinegar to dissolve the spine, if any is stuck in your arm, otherwise just watch for infection.

Originally Posted by scgator
I read that you can use vinegar to dissolve the spine, if any is stuck in your arm, otherwise just watch for infection.

Took my advice right out of my mouth. Vinegar cleaning and then some baking soda mixed with water to make a paste to put on the red area. You should be fine!

goldenboy

Originally Posted by DaddyJama
Should I worry? I got pricked with two of the spikes on my forearm.. i got a little redish mark... two purple spots where i was pricked..

pee on it....

f14peter

Originally Posted by goldenboy
pee on it....
Before anybody laughs, that's the traditional Hawaiian treatment ... and as Hawaiians over the last few hundred years have undoubtedly been stung a bazillion times, they should know.

autofreak44

Originally Posted by f14peter
Before anybody laughs, that's the traditional Hawaiian treatment ... and as Hawaiians over the last few hundred years have undoubtedly been stung a bazillion times, they should know.
i was ready to laugh, but good point lol

daddyjama

lol.. well my arm is still attached and there are no extra fingers.. i ended up drinkin beer so i guess that works too... could not quite get the logistics down for the hawain treatment so yeah..maybe next time... besides after the night is was all water any way..;)

curlsoc

Yep, pee on it. My husband managed to put the whole palm of his hand into one while snorkling in Hawaii and that certianly did the trick. He had his friend pee in a bowl and he immersed his hand, more effective that way. Yucky, yet effective.