Prizm Skimmer on Auction

F

fossilcrab

Hey Fellow Reefers,
Why is it that somebody auctioned a Prizm Protien Skimmer on SWF.com ? does the skimmer really sucked that bad and the owner wanted his money back ???
Just a thought
Ray.

drkegel

I have a Prizm on my 55 FOWLR. It gets out a good amount of gunk, but it's loses syphon too often. And it's kind of loud. I bought it cuz I got a good deal on it, and it performs well enough for what I need it for. But if I were to do it all over again, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have bought it for that size of tank. I think it's probably a good skimmer up to a 29 gal or so.

chrismilano

I just sold my prizm on ---- for $70. I cant deal with the noise anymore when my fluval is so quiet! Im going to try another hangon skimmer called the a-something (i forget...)
Great job, just sounds like a sucking straw.

dko8888

If you wrap the air inlet tube with cotton or other similar insulating material, it will dramatically reduce the noise level, while still providing air to the Prism.
Just be sure that you do not restrict the air flow. :D :D

scott270

they also make a new prizm that is quieter, it has a new impeler, if you have an older one, you can call the company and they will wend you a new impeller