prizm skimmer

kracker

Help,i just instaled a prizm skimmer and the collection cup is filling up with water.I adjusted the flow but then no foam makes it to the cup.Please help....

ebeckels

is ur tank mature? Just keep it paralell with the tank and let it go like that for a day or so...some foam should get in their evntually.

b_ball12_99

Your skimmer needs to go through the break in process. Turn the power down and allow it to run for about 2 days then crank it up.

beecher

If you are using any kind of stress coat, the prizm will have alot of "wet" foam that fills the collection cup and micro bubbles until it has skimmed all of it out. Just dont pour the water back into the tank because it "seems" like clear water and after a few days it should stop. If your tank is fairly new you may not have anything to skim.

lilmojo79

This might seem like a stupid suggestion, but did you switch over the black tube to the proper hose barb, from the priming plug to the other barb. Anyway, I have a Prizm and my flow knob is almost closing off the flow, this way I don't get as wet of a foam.
Just some things I have ran into with my Prizm.

mlm

You must always keep the water inlet knob almost closed. I have been having mine for 3 months and I anly have it about 20% open. If I open it anymore it will fill up with water.

javajoe

You mayjust need to fool around with it until you find the right setting. When i started mine, water was coming in, so i turned it down and finalyl got the right palce. Where i have mine set now, there is no foam that enters the collection cup if i sit and watch it for a few minutes, but if i walk away and come back an hour later, it has pushed some of the foam up into it. i change my collection cup and clean it out about every 3-4 days now.