Probably not the place but.....

zookeypr12

Hi everyone,
So much drama in one day!
as some may know I had plumbers in my house doing work all day.....posted earlier that I almost could have wiped out my tank.....well.............
Left my house today around 2:30 to pick kids up yadda yadda yadda and arrived back at about 5:30
My son and girlfriend went in and I was helping my 2 other boys with back packs etc..
walked through the door and realized immediately that we had a severe gas leak and needed to get out immediately :scared:
I have a choc lab and a 1yr old bullmastiff and my 1st thought were .....kids out.....get dogs out!!
well we all loaded into my truck and drove AWAY from the house and called the fire dept and reported a gas leak
My next thought OMG my tank.....cant pick up a 75 gl tank and evacuate it

Well all worked out......we did have a major gas leak and if it had gone on undetected for another hour or so the gas co said the house would have probably blown off its foundation(thanks plumber guys :mad: )
but what a horrible feeling I had leaving my tank......I know you all probably think whacko but it was very stressfull wondering if all my saltwater guys were gonna be blown sky high
:scared:

fbm

Not wacko at all, I love my animals and they are part of the family. I feel your pain. Could of been very bad. I would care more about losing my animals than I would about losing my house.

zookeypr12

Originally Posted by fish_geek*
L
M
A
O

lol just had to laugh, preety funny
:hilarious :hilarious
David

I hope you are laughing at the fact that I wanted to save my fish and not the fact that I almost lost my house :thinking:
I can laugh now but earlier all I could think about was my house and neighbors housess blowing up

hot883

Glad things are well. Wow, could have been a disaster I will move this over to the "aquarium" section since it is not really a reef question. Barry

fish_geek*

no ---the fish part lol got everyting except the fish... wonder how that would go ... a 75 gallon lol
David

f14peter

I fully understand.
For years and years, I vowed to never spend a bucketload of money caring for a pet, no way, no how . . . it's just a freakin' animal, right?
Well, last summer our 6 year old lab suffered a stomach torsion (The stomach literally twists within the body) and it was extremely touch-and-go. First, would he even live long enough to be treated (This condition must be treated most rikki-tik, if not faster!), should we go with the surgery that would run around $2000 that may not even help his condition and he'd die anyway, would his liver suffer injury that would cause other complications, etc?
Before we even got to the emergency vet, it was a done-deal . . . I didn't care if I had to spend every free moment roaming the highways picking up aluminum cans to help pay for it, we were going to do anything and everythign to save that darn mutt! About $2800 later, he's fine although he couldn't swim in our pool the rest of the summer, bummed him out! Don't regret it for one bit.
In your case, the order of evacuation would be: Wife, then dog (if I had to, he'd probably be the first one out the door), maybe round up the cats if I could (Although they'd probably be out already too), and then I'd go, "Damn, what about the fish!!!!!!!"

reckler

I would call the plumbers iup and screem at them, and get them fired from their jobs. That is very dangerous and unprofessional of them to leave the house without checking everything first. they must have gotten in a hurry to go drink some beer or something. Heads would roll if it were my house..
I am glad no one got hurt.