problem with my zoos

fau8

Okay, I cant figure this out. I have a large assortment of zoos. This week a couple of colonies closed while a colony of a different color located on the same rock and even inter mingled remained open and fine. This happened in two separete areas of the tank. Since then and 3 days later one has reopened but is still not back to normal. Today I have noticed my large button polops (appox 40 heads) had about 4 heads that appear to be disintergrateing. Water tests showed nitrate of 5 -10, phosphate 0 PH 8.2.
The nitrates are due to not running the protein skimmer due to an ick outbreak. I used kick ick reef safe. The treatment ended 2 weeks ago but the skimmer did not resume working properly till today.
Side note Kick ick does not work, I know it was a 1 and 10 shot but gave it a try.
I have not noticed a parasite or worm problem, but have observed what appears to be ick type spots on the closed heads of the large bottons.

bige

you should prolly iodine dip the colonies to make sure there isnt anything on them and also check them to see if there are any of those zoanthid eating nudi's on them.

justdugan

Hey I went to FAU too!!
Yeah on topic though, try doing a FW dip or Iodine dip for a short time and shake it good. You should see some nudi's, etc. Falling off.

socal57che

Sundials and some sea spiders will eat them as well. You don't have a fish nipping on them do you? Could the spots be damaged flesh?
+1 to the iodine dip. I use Seachem Reef Dip Coral Disinfectant.