Problem with Stockman Standpipe.

grubsnaek

one of my standpipes are making the draining noise again. it will be quiet for a while and then all of a sudden it starts the toilet flush things again. it also causing surges coming from my return lines from the overflow box.
what to do?

grubsnaek

i built them and intall them on the top i drilled a whole big enough to put in an air tube. and the end of the air tube i put an air valve. well as soon as i put the air tube in it drains the back of the overflow box very quickly and then make loud noises. so wth that said i tried with and with out the air tube.

grubsnaek

when i remove the tube it get very quite and evens out. then about 4 minutes later it starts the toilet thing again. and the air tube did have alittle water in it.
and my return pump is still turned way back.

acrylic51

Is there any restriction in your drain line or lines? The tubing shouldn't get any water inside of it.....How far down in the pipe do you have it stuffed?

grubsnaek

no restriction in the return lines. the go straight down. i didnt catch that the tubes should not get water in it. hows that. just asking. dont know if it will help but heres a pic.

acrylic51

They are there to regulate air inside the pipe.....if they are filling with water they aren't allowing air to enter

grubsnaek

i need help here. i just want this done and over with. so many problems eating up so much of my time. do you want pics of everything. sorry just trying to help and your the only one that i some what know of that knows anything about this stuff.

grubsnaek

well the stock man just has continous noise now. the exact sound sounds like the bottom of a cup and sipping through a straw. slurping loud as hell.should the air holes be bigger or smaller in general size.

jsteiert

What size bulkhead fittings do you have and what size pipe did you use to make the stockman overflow out of?
I just went thru this myself for the first time, I have a 1" bulkhead fitting and used 1 1/4" pipe to make a durso overflow. On top of the durso I drilled a 1/8" hole to even out the water level. It was consistantly going up and down verses staying at one level in the overflow. After I drilled the hole the water level stayed constant and there is no slurping noise or any noise for that fact.
Possibly your overflow pipe is to big for your bulkhead? Just taking a stab at it here....
Both durso and stockman have web sites with tons of information on them. I thought durso had a easier set up than stockman so that is how I went with mine....

grubsnaek

i cant fit the durso pipes, only the stockman. i have two 1" bulkheads and used a 1" pvc pipe with a 1.5 inch coupling for the stockmans.