problem

jessica47421

I went to swf to place my order for coralife skimmer and noticed that is was 5'5'' width
my tank is only 5inches from the wall do you know of any good priced skimmers that would work for this close to the wall?

dmjordan

check the clearance on the aqua c remora skimmers or you can put the coralife skimmer on the side of your tank instead of the back.

Y

yote

The Corallife 65 only needs 4 1/2 inches between the tank and the wall to HOB.I dont about the bigger ones though.

jessica47421

wow almost neighbors,,,, i thought if you moved it it could leak. have you guys heard of the part filter part skimmer do they work? also there is brown algea all over my tank is this ok? when does it go away

1journeyman

Do not try to move a tank unless it is empty...
Can you mount a HOB skimmer on the side instead of the back?

badoleross

I would syphon off a good amount of the water and then move the tank. You will need to get back there at some point.

seasalt101

it could watch it carefully, and you might want to get some aquarium sealant just to have, it's a good thing to keep around that and a couple of tubs that are big enough to hold all your water, and if it leaks remember you will need to dry it 1st towel then hairdryer it for a few minutes then reseal, and it will need 24-48 hours to dry completely before you refill the tank, and only fill to where the leak was to make sure it is sealed properly now good luck tobin

jessica47421

Oh my gosh I cant believe this i did what i was told now it might completly mess everything up ???? i moved it awhile ago would it be leaking by now if it was going to ?

trippkid

You should be ok , as long as the tank wasn't banged around. Some sealant and big tubs are always a good thing to have on hand, in case of emergencies.

hot883

Originally Posted by jessica47421
Oh my gosh I cant believe this i did what i was told now it might completly mess everything up ???? i moved it awhile ago would it be leaking by now if it was going to ?
relax. if it was going to leak you would know.

michaeltx

yes may I suggest one tiny thing..
on boards some people will mean to type something and forget or get side tracked always wait to see if there is something else someone might add. Just before you said you moved it someone came back and said dont move it unless its empty. thats very good advice there is alot of pressure on the glass and a shift can cause the glass to EXPLODE no joke even on small 10 gallon tanks. take this as a learning experience but as barry said if it was going to leak it would have already started by now. I think your going to be alright this time.
mike

f14peter

Back to the question at hand, as dmjordan suggested, look into the Remora/RemoraPro. They have a fairly shallow footprint because they're rectangular in shape.

threed240

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
yes may I suggest one tiny thing..
on boards some people will mean to type something and forget or get side tracked always wait to see if there is something else someone might add. Just before you said you moved it someone came back and said dont move it unless its empty. thats very good advice there is alot of pressure on the glass and a shift can cause the glass to EXPLODE
no joke even on small 10 gallon tanks. take this as a learning experience but as barry said if it was going to leak it would have already started by now. I think your going to be alright this time.
mike
Fire in tha hole! Oh, its out. ***)

michaeltx

LOL but its not fun to be holding that tank and it explode I thought I was going to be smart and drained a 20 gallon half way down and picked it up next thing I know I am soaking wet and my arms are cut up from the side exploding on the tank. Not fun at all. I learned the hard way.
Mike