Problems with getting Sohal Tang to Eat.

littlej2455

I will have had this fish for about 2 weeks on Thursday. He is about 4.5 inches long and looked healthy at the store. He was just getting acclimated in their tanks when I got him, so they did have a chance to feed him yet. Probably should of waited.
But I added him in my tank and I have a niger trigger (5 inches) that was aggressive towards him. The trigger probably picked on him for a good 2-3 days and then finally stopped. My sohal tang is just very scared now of everything and just sits in front on one of my power heads. He hasn't eaten yet and I think I have tried just about everything. I have tried garlic mysis shrimp, garlic rods, seaweed, veggie pellets, and live ghost shrimp. He is starting to swim around the tank more, but still hasn't attempt to eat. Any ideas?

crypt keeper

worst thing you did was put a tang directly in your main tank. Its always best to try and qt a fish and acclimate them and get them eating IMO. put a algae sheet in there for a 24 hour period

littlej2455

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3054423
worst thing you did was put a tang directly in your main tank. Its always best to try and qt a fish and acclimate them and get them eating IMO. put a algae sheet in there for a 24 hour period
Yeah, I didnt have my QT set up then.
I have it set up now but it is only a 10 gallon. I put the algae sheet in there, and within 2 minutes the other fish have gone through the whole sheet.

littlej2455

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3056157
any updates?
Well to my knowledge I dont think he has eaten yet. He is starting to swim around the tank a lot more. He might of gotten a small piece of seaweed, but im not 100% sure. But I do think it is a good sign that he is swimming around. He also hasn't lost any of his color which I think is a good sign too. Any advice will help me.

crypt keeper

they can go days and days without eating. He is starting to acclimate to his surroundings. Just keep trying. Get some pygmy angel forumla and soak it in some vitamins and garlic. Cut it up in smaller pieces. See if that gets him to eat. All it is is frozen algae. Or try frozen spiriluna