problems with my frog spawn

99pewterz

i search a lot last night and couldnt find anything to answer my question. their are two branches on it and they were both doing geat for like 5 months and now one of the branches closed i think its dead but not sure cause half of it is still their barly and the other half is tucked way in their but the other branch is still doin great.
i have pics but dont know how to host them. i just checked the water and every thing is perfect
thanks for the help
mario

wax32

To post a pic hit the "browse" button below the test area where it says attach file...

99pewterz

wow i feel like an idiot i didnt knwo it was that easy to post a pic, on the other forums u have to like host them

yaksplat

I'd say that head is a goner. I had 3 heads that died on mine. Once they were partially gone, the rest followed suit shortly. But there is always the chance that it pulls through.
Jim

T

thomas712

I suggest that with the algae growth I see climbing up the stalk of the frogspawn that your water may not be fine. Therefore what do you include as fine. Does that include calcium and alkalinity, nitrates and phosphates? How about lighting? Gotta be a reason its having problems and receiding.
Thomas

99pewterz

yea that algae on the stock is a hair algae i am trying to get rid of? any segestions on how to get rid of that stuff i am kinda new at this reef thing i have been reading a lot but any advice is very helpfull? their is a RBTA in there and it is doing great.