Problems with rio 1200 and Cal. Reactor.

mr. tuna

Hey,
I bought my calcium reactor about 5 months ago, and it has been running great, but my pump burnt out, so i bought another of the same one. it is a rio 1200. i hooked it up the same way, and this time, its not starting, So i put the pump in the sink to see if it would work there, and it did. so i tried again to put it back in the tank, and i hit it a couple times, and i could here it starting.. but it doesnt work.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
_Tuna

thegrog

Rio pumps are notoriously poor pumps. I would recommend another brand that has the same output as the rio.

tripleshot

I had a rio pump also the 1200 it lasted about a day than burnt out they are junk. Just buy a better brand that has about the same out put.

golfish

is it the recirc pump or the feed pump? If its the feed pump I'd switch to an MJ. If its the recirc pump I'd try to fit a Mag 3........

mr. tuna

wow.. im so sorry.. but i just realized that the pump was a MJ 1200 the whole time. i was just THINKING of getting a rio. haha. im very sorry. so now i really dont know what to do. should i play around with it? take it apart again?
thanks
_Tuna