problems with snowflake eel

dwendler4

i got a snowflake eel about a week and a half ago. i have been feeding it the amount that was suggested to me by a couple different sources, every other day, feeding him until he wont eat anymore. yesterday i noticed my cleaner shrimp was no where to be found, i even took the rocks apart some trying to find him, he is gone. the pet store warned me that it was a possibility that the eel would eat a shrimp, but probably wouldnt happen if i kept him fed, well so much for that. then, this morning, my 2 green ricordias are gone. they have been doing great for over two months so im pretty sure something ate them. would an eel do this? i can live with an eel that eats shrimp(ill just go without shrimp), but i cant deal with a coral eating eel.
does anyone know: under any circumstances, would an eel eat coral, specifically mushrooms? thanks.
oh i should add: the rics were on the rock that the eel had chosen to live under, and he usually sticks close by to that rock, which lends me to believe he is a suspect. any input would be great.

farslayer

I doubt he ate them, but he could have irritated them to the point that they opted to let loose and go elsewhere.

dwendler4

hmm... could be. still pisses me off. anyone else have any experience with anything like this? im pretty close to taking him back.

T

tiberius

He does seem to be happy in your tank. I hope you have him for a long time. Commitment is the issue with these guys. As long as you don't mind hand feeding them forever.

nycbob

snow flake eel will eat anything that fits in his mouth. mine ate everything smaller than his mouth including shrimps. he was even able to kill my 4 inch sabae clown by mistakingly biting on him. the eel didnt let go until a few minutes later, and by then it was too late. they hv powerful bite. an eel doesnthv to eat everyday. i feed mine 2x per week. frozen food and live guppies.