Progress pictures on my 125 Reef Setup

mikegray

ok light setup is UP.. just the chords arent all put up neat yet.. but its hard to take pics in small areas and get everything i tried... No water in tank yet..

E

exile415

why are they're so many scartaches on the tank ? btw great start, cant wait to see it finished.

mikegray

its not scratches.. its a bunch of dust drom drilling. and smuges from hands and stuff.. its brand new.. just didnt wipe it down

matty0h_52

ive got a few questions about your lighting set up (im in a pickle about mine) those ballests how much do you think the whey? and why didnt you put them inside the stand? just a question ive been throwing around in my mind that i would like to settle before i commit

mikegray

umm 23lbs i believe
i didnt put them in my stand because my sump fuge is my entire inside of my stand.. look at pictures above.. and plus.. 3 ballasts in there 2 being dual 250w MH it will cause way too much heat in the stand and it will probably heat up the water...

mikegray

here u go guys. i got some more stuff from the internet.
I got the refractometer with the built in light. and i got a bunch of salifert testing equipment. like 8 test kits with the Large mag float for acrylic.
and this morning my 3 buckets of REEF CRYSTALS CAME!!! :)

mikegray

after 3 days my RODI unit has completely filled my tank and its done....
so now i need to dump salt in it....my temperature is 81* but ima get it to 78... is there a problem with just dumping salt in the tank and have it dissolve by powerheads... i have the skimmer 8-2 on and return pump.. EVERYTHING.. will the salt mess this up if its not dissolved yet???? let me kno as soon as i get a answer ima start puring salt..

mikegray

here is my tank with fresh RODI water that tests 0ppm :) gotta love it.. now waiting for ur reply to see if its ok to pure salt into tank and have PH's mag 18 and skimmer mix my salt for me.. or is the lil salt pieces do something to the pumps.. i woudlnt think so but wanna ask to make sure.

jayc

Looks great! I dumped my salt in my tank whenever I first set it up and It did fine. Is this going to be a bare bottom tank?
Josh

mikegray

nope im looking for Sand..its gonna be about 1.5" bottom of sand and in the fuge ill have probably like a 4" sand bed.... im looking for white sand though ill probably get the bio active live sand bags..