Progress pictures on my 125 Reef Setup

bgriff

Looks great!
Have you simulated a power failure to test the sumps capacity to ensure it can handle the reverse siphon? (Looks rather full already)

mikegray

hehe im poking holes in the return tube right below water line so it breaks siphon right away.. when i get my lr and sand ima siphon water out and i think im going to heat a paper clip up reall yhot and just poke through it... hehe

bigtyguyy

i did the same thing as you with poking a hole in my return line. I poked the holes just above the water line so that when the pump shuts down it starts to suck the air in too. I am just going to buy a back flow preventer to just make sure. I should have thought of that first before poking holes but they are only like pin holes. Where did you order all your stuff from? especially the dual 250MH

matty0h_52

Originally Posted by MikeGray
hehe im poking holes in the return tube right below water line so it breaks siphon right away.. when i get my lr and sand ima siphon water out and i think im going to heat a paper clip up reall yhot and just poke through it... hehe

I would deffinetly do this. I see the watter line on your fuge is pritty darn close to the top. Thats the last thing you want is a un-stopable syphen.

dreamreef

Looks great! I'm hoping your fish don't go blind with all that light!! How many total watts are you running per gallon?

style23

i just calculated it out.....will be 10.24 watts per gallon with 1280 total watts...from the very little i know your tank may need sunglasses and sunscreen.

mikegray

hey guys.. yea alot of light i still havnt got a chance to use em because i get algae CITY.. so im running no light and have been running without lights for a long time as u see... but i just got more hermits and snails. but something seems to be killing shrimp and snails on contact with water.... i dont have a copper problem that i know of cause hermits and i have like 10 lil black snails running around fine... havnt figured it out yet.. but on saturday i plan on getting 100 astrea snails and 100 hermit crabs to add to my system.

agent707

I would have went with 4x150 mh's. Would have been plenty. 1000 watts of MH is like 80~100,000 lumens.... OMG!