Project Runway

ophiura

:cheer: :jumping: :cheer:
Come on Project Runway Fans!!!
(unless I am the only one!)
What are your thoughts so far?
All I know is that Angela can only make rosettes. That is like her only skill, along with puffy skirts (just like she wears).

mimzy

Angela makes me CRAZY, u just wanna SMACK her. she doesn't DO anything. "Oh, I don't sketch..."
The dude with tattoos on his neck is all talk, the guy who won the contest by making a dress from a bed sheet is really cocky but unfortunately really good at what he does, the pregnant redhead is AMAZING, and I think we can expect to see great things coming from Michael. By the way, I was DEVASTATED when they nixed Malan, he was so fabulous and campy.
Oh, and what happened with last night's show??? I missed it! Who got kicked off? why?
tell me tell me tell me!!!!

ophiura

OH, but I am not sure that I should tell you!
But be sure to get Tim's take on the Project Runway site!
Oh, OK...I think it was the guy who did the bedsheet dress and won.
He did several things, but the biggest was that he was caught with design and pattern books which is against the rules. Also, he was MIA from the show during one of the challenges, and used the internet (against the rules). So whether he was really good, or looking at the pattern books...we will never know I guess. It was forshadowed because he was shown "haggling" shall we say at MOOD when he overspent, and so in effect he was not within the budget either. He just asked if they could please cut him a deal, and they gave him like $18 off! (on $100 budget). So pretty significant, IMO.
I was/am wondering if they will bring back Malan.

mimzy

<

[hr]
watching the videos about last night....riveted.
<

[hr]
DYING to hear from Malan again. He's so intense. I love him.

demartini

i hate angela... but her INC design was soooo cute!!!...i love jay... the last project runway winner

molamola

I'm rooting for Robert Best all the way. I think Robert, Kayne, and Uli will be in the top three. And I was so glad that Keith got kicked off. Now they just need to axe Angela and Vincent, and there will be a lot less whining, and rosettes.

petieaztec

yeah the rosettes are getting a little old. i thought when she put them on the jacket it was cute but those skirts she keeps wearing are yuck!!!!!!!!! im routing for the cherry blonde guy........ the pagent boy. :cheer:

ophiura

It is like the only thing she knows how to make on her own: poofy skirts (just like she wears) and rosettes. YAWN. And she is sometimes just infantile in her emotions. "OOOHHH like the Empire State Building, weeee!!!"

molamola

Didn't Jay from season 1 do an "Empire State Building" dress? And didn't Chloe find inspiration for an outfit in the exterior of a building? It hardly seems like Angela has any original ideas. Maybe she'll go home tonight :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
As long as Robert and Kayne make it through, I'll be happy with the outcome :joy:

ophiura

I can't remember if it was the empire state or chrystler building (sp?) but Jay's was WAYYYYY more complicated than hers. I am not even clear where the empire state ties into it, though I like pink/gray and the pattern on the inside of that jacket.

molamola

I love Kayne, but I love Robert more
Still, I'll be happy if either of them win. I loved the Miss USA dress they made, and I've loved everything Robert has made, except for the most recent disaster :scared: I live for Wednesdays. My friend comes over to watch the show with me and when the Project Runway season ends, America's Next Top Model begins. I'm an addict.

mimzy

i'm hoping jeffrey is next. and laura turned out to be a real biatch after all. ::sigh:: the price of genius.

ruaround

i was put through a freakin marathon of this show today... i had a very harsh opinion of this show and NEVER wanted to see it... after a few episodes it wasnt too bad... i really cant stand the guy Tim and i think Heidi Klum is an idiot... she needs to be Auf'd as you runwayers say... i am pulling for the dude with the tattoos on his neck... prolly wont watch another episode though... IMO the finals should be between the tattoo guy (Jefferey?), the african american guy (Michael?) and the foreign girl (Juli?)... the fruity dude with the spikey hair should go down next (no pun intended), the dude with glasses, then the pregnant girl...

petieaztec

you didn't like the elvis outfit??????? oh my ladies did you see his man boobies?? i thought Kane would be fit. i was shcoked. :scared:

petieaztec

oh yeah and the ladie with all those kids and she is pregant AGAIN..... she needs to go home and take care of those kids instaed of making mom do it. six kids and always gone at work. thats no momma. poor kids.

molamola

ANGELA'S GONE :cheer:
:cheer:
:cheer:

Now Vincent needs to go next. Why are they keeping him around

Now that Robert's gone, I'm rooting for Michael. He's got the best attitude, and he's ridiculously creative and talented. My top three picks are Michael, Kayne, and Uli, although Uli's latest quilt dress didn't impress me too much.
Jeffrey seems to think he's the best at every challenge and treats people horribly. I wouldn't miss him much. Pregnant lady seems to make the same dress every week and I wouldn't miss her either. I'm SICK of looking at her flat bare chest with those low v-neck creations of hers. Yuck.

sac10918

I think Michael is going to win hands down. He always does well at the challenges and his outfits are different each week, not the same look like some of the other designers. I am also glad that angela is gone. She and her mom were such whiners (although that dress Jeffery made Angelas mom was just about the ugliest frock I have ever seen).

petieaztec

its getting to the end ladies........ i think now that laura is breaking that extreme V neck look she looks like a good contender.......