Propagation of Green Star Polyps

tjkohler

Ok, my Green Star Polyps are adding a row every 5 days or so. I can see this quickly becoming a problem. I placed the original mat on my nice 18 lb piece of LR. I'd like to 'prune' it back and place a couple pieces on some ugly pieces of rock that I got to put frags on (each has about 15 square inches of top surface area). How do I prune these back? Just tank a razor blade and cut the mat? What if the mat has already attached to the rock, can I pull it off? Thanks for your time!

jonthefb

if its already attatched to a rock, good lulck! i recently had to do this with my colony as it was growign like a weed. it had spread onto a rock next to it and i dindnt want it to be here so i pulled the rock out of th ewater, and took a razor blade and tried to pry up pieces of it to make some frags. it was really hard. i was expecting it to peel off like an orange rine, but it was really on there, i ended up working piece by piece off using the razor, and now have a nic elittle frag started. i did end up throwign most of the stuff on the rock away cause the pieces tat came off were just too small, but i did get enough large ones to start a new colony!
good luck
jon