Pros and Cons of having/getting an Arrow Crab?

dina12

Pro's - they are really fun to watch
Con's - they like to rip hermit crabs out of their shells for dinner.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Jesses89
?

I have one, seems quite tame and fun to watch, he has NOT shown any agression to any other inhabitants, just likes to pick at algae, I do suppliment his diet with some nori or a piece of meat, like clam, small silverslide, squid,,, its funny he will take one leg at fight off the other fish.

J

jesses89

MHL,
What other stuff do you have in your tank? i want an arrow but am afraid of unleashing a devil into my tank.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Jesses89
MHL,
What other stuff do you have in your tank? i want an arrow but am afraid of unleashing a devil into my tank.
I have a fire, cleaner, sally, arrow, hermies, mex turbo snail no problems whatsoever they seem to stay out of each others way. SO far..

fisherkid91

I had mine in my tank with crabs, snails and cleaner shrimp, he never hurt any of them. I used to hand feed him frozen krill he was cool.

ninjamini

With crabs you have to figure on how big the tank is. Bigger gives them more room to not fight. Also if you feed the tank and the crab gets some then he will be happy. No food makes a hungry crab. What would you eat if you got really-really hungry...

earlybird

These arrow crabs get very big. I don't know if the species is the same but I've caught some in my cast net (here in Fla) that have been the size of my fist.

petjunkie

They look really cool and interesting but they get pretty huge, mine ate hermits for snacks also but I forgave him.