Protein skimmer for 125G reef

calvindo

Hi Everyone,
I'm a bit confuse on which skimmer to get. I'm setting up a new 125g in about a week. Which is a good protein skimmer? I've seen some members recommend venturi and some berlin. Well, I've just come across another maker, "Euroreef"... their priced at $418 for a 125g skimmer. Why the big difference in price, compared to berlin and venturi? Is it that much better? does the term "you get what you pay for" applies to skimmers?
If you have a 100-150G reef setup, please let me know what skimmer you use.
thanks!
Calvin:confused:

krunk

I havent heard too many things about the berlins, not one thing bad comment about the euroreefs

dzones

I have a berlin and it is rated up to 250gallons. I would not use it on something THAT big but on my 125 it has been doing a serious bang up job.

calvindo

Euro reef it is... Thank you all for the response! I guess "you get what you pay for" is true in this case too.
thanks
Calvin

nm reef

Which EuroReef model are you considering. I run the CS6-2 on my reef and it is a top quality product! Worth every penny in my opinion. There are a few vendors that market basically the same design but they are not as sturdy as the origional EuroReef.....personally I'd suggest the EuroReef designed to skim more than you have...that way if you ever develope a larger system you'll be set. They do cost a bit more then other skimmers but they are worth the expense!