Protein skimmer for 75 gallon

cdek11

I have been looking at skimmer for weeks now and i can not make up my mind on what to get or what i need. If you could give me some input on what you think would be a good fit please let me know. 75 gallon fish only right now will be placing coral into tank when sump is installed. The price range i am in is 150-200.

S

smallreef

ASM model... G1 or G1x depending on the space in your sump... they are my favorite by far...
another is a Reef Octopus but those tend to be a bit more...

snakeblitz33

Octopus are great skimmers but not within your price range. Id recommend the diablo but its a hundred more than your willing to pay.
Asm makes ok skimmers. They are pretty old school and have proven themselves to be good little work horses.
I use an SC65 on my 20g nano with awesome results. I would get the SC150 for a 75g if i were going to set one up. Though, if your looking to grow sps, feed heavy and carbon dose, you need a serious skimmer.

cdek11

My local LFS tried to sell me a ASM G1X but due to them being the only fish store in area it was 320 dollars way to much. I did get to see it in action and was working well. Snake what about the Octopus skimmer that are in the 200 dollar range.

snakeblitz33

I dont know. You can do a simple google search for octopus skimmers under 200 for your tank. There arent many. I think you would be ok with a nwb110 or nwb150 though.

S

smallreef

you can also find USED skimmers on mr. craigs list or the E bay...look to see what youd like and then look in those places or if you have a local reef club also...

cdek11

found a skimmer on craigslist brand new 80 bucks SCaquariums looks good and feels solid time to get the sump together and see how it works. Thanks for the input