Protein skimmer installed

tompenz

Installed my Sapphire skimmer into the middle chamber of my Biocube today. Went pretty smooth. Had to get the Dremel tool out to remove the back lip though so it would fit. Some micro bubbles but that is normal temporarily. We will see if after a couple days if I start collecting skimmate. Only thing is though, there is a slight waterfall sound since the top tray had to be removed. Might put a little and I mean little rock rubble in there to cushion the sound of the long fall of water. Maybe a little filter floss would work too?
1st chamber is floss and heater, second is skimmer and soon to be addition of a little rubble and 3rd is sponge filter and retun pump.

tompenz

If I can get my photos resized somehow and my camera working, I will post or send you pics. The skimmer seems like a high quality item. Tom

jonthefishguy

Its no worse than having to eat the loss of dropping an $800 camera in your reef tank cause the damn phone rang and startled you while you were too concentrated on a what was to be a PERFECT SHOT. oh well, chalk it up to a lesson learned about using the neck strap.

tompenz

Anyway, it was a pretty easy install and it has gotten rave reviews from others so I thought I would try one.

Originally Posted by jonthefishguy
Its no worse than having to eat the loss of dropping an $800 camera in your reef tank cause the damn phone rang and startled you while you were too concentrated on a what was to be a PERFECT SHOT. oh well, chalk it up to a lesson learned about using the neck strap.

omg...........
sorry but, thats was hilarious. You've must have beaten yourself after!

tompenz

Just a quick update on the Sapphire skimmer I installed on my Bio14. It is working great. Nice skimmate forming. Works like a champ.