Protein skimmer opinions, please.

sea_fan

I wanted to know the best protein skimmer for about $150 or less? I have a 55 gal FOWLR. I'll probably need one that hangs off of the tank because the sump isn't big enough and the way the cabinet was made underneath (not by me) is somewhat stupid. Thanks in advance!

jrod4u

I have been using Aqua C Remora, and I love it. Very easy to plug and play and does well with collecting waste. I converted mine to a urchin model, and have not seen any performance levels drop. Very happy with mine. I paid little over 150, but it is worth it. If you look around, you might find one used, that is what I did, and no problems for over a year. Hope this helps with any decisions

fibinotchi

I like my cpr bak pak 2r alot, you would probably need to upgrade the pump for a 55 but should have no problem doing that for around 150, but it is cheap and efficient and easy adjustment.

pinstripe

If you can go a little over $150, you can get a Reef Octopus...changed the way I look at protein skimming.

stanlalee

$150 or less wont get you ANYTHING suggested brand new neither anything worthwhile so this cost $170 right now at that Marine place that you might think of as a depot. first decent skimmer bakpak has made IMO (well the originals were decent for their time but this is now).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgIehYP2A1I