protein skimmer questions

tclark828

Just a couple quick questions about my protein skimmer. First, where does the 1/4" flex hose go to? Do i just place it inside the sump? Also, do i glue the pipe into the pvc fitting on top of the pump, or just place it snug inside?

veni vidi vici

NO GLUE!!!!!! What brand and model skimmer is it? The 1/4" hose is probably your air line and connects to the pump,or a overflow for the cup.

tclark828

i don't see a brand name on it anywhere, i got it as part of a package. its definitely an air line, and its got a clip near the end of it. One end is connected to the pump, but not sure where to clip the other end

sly

You do not need to glue anything. That stuff is loose so that it can be adjusted... Snug it up and it will be fine. It's a very low pressure system and will not leak...
The hose is your airline intake for the pump. One end attaches to the pump and the other end with the clip attaches outside so that it can draw in air. Use the clip to attach it to something so that it can't fall down into the water. It needs to draw air...