Protein Skimmer Setup Question

fishfreak1242

So i've been wanting to get a new protein skimmer, and right now I'm looking at the Euro-reef 100 which I plan on buying from a friend. The only problem is that it will not fit in my sump. So I have colaborated a plan to t-off the drain from my sump and have it go to a 5 gal bucket with the protein skimmer, and then drill a hole in the bucket with a uniseal and piping going back to the sump so that gravity will drain it. So are there any flaws in my plan that would cause this to not work and be a complete failure? Heres a pic for some perspective (those aren't the actual sizes of everything):

the general ideal should work. you will want to put a ball valve on both lines after the T so that you can control how much water is going into the bucket and to stop flow into the bucket if you need to for maint.

sorry looked at the skimmer set up again, if you isolate the skimmer like that you may end up just re-skimming alot of the same water unless you make sure the water source to the bucket is dumping right at the bottom of the bucket.