Protein skimmer sugg. for a Amiracle sump

bklynz00

Hello..
I had on order a protein skimmer Turboflotor 1000 classic. It was to big for my sump and had to send it back to the place it was ordered from. My sump is only 5 1/2 inches wide so this limits my options.. I'am currently using the skimmer that came with the Amiracle (it works when it wants to...) Any one with any suggestions on a good type with my issues ?

wamp

you could still use the big ones. Just get a stronger pump ad pump the water out of the sump to a remote skimmer location and then have your return lines bo back into the sump. An in sump model can usually also be placed outside of the sump. Just need a bigger pump.
The seaclone is not all that bad but not that great eitheir. I used them on several tanks. Never was really pleased with them. Had to adjust them alot and mostly watery gunk was pulled out.

bklynz00

Wamp.....
Thank you very much.. this is what I was thinking. I guess that I have to see what my budget is then proceed with the out of sump skimmer as you suggested.. In fact to you have any suggestions on a good skimmer with all in mind ??

wamp

Well... I like the Berlin skimmers. Red Sea makes them. There are lots other out there that work about the same as them.

richard rendos

ETSS and MRC also make great skimmers that can be run outside the sump. The acrylic sump can easily be drilled and a bulkhead added for the drain water out of the skimmer back to it.