protein skimmer

blue20051

Anyone have a used(like new) protein skimmer? I need one that you can hang on the back of the tank. I have a 58 gal tank.

kevin j

I have a cpr bakpak reef ready its just missing the little sponge on the outlet. 75 bucks plus shipping.
kevin

shookbrad

I have a Prizm Delux hang on skimmer. I have had it since July. I works good. I will sell it for $50.00 + shipping from 79762.
I am selling this because I built my own.
Brad

kevin j

It will be ten bucks for shipping. So the total cost would be 85 bucks for shipping and skimmer.
kevin

shookbrad

Here are the pics of the skimmer. The last Picture is the media basket that you can put carbon in.
If you are interested you can e-mail me at "shookbrad at hotmail.com" just replace the obvious

chipmaker

I definately would hold out for a Coralife or Aqua C over a Prizm, no matter the price...Some work some dont others are iffy and cantakerous.........not that coralife and aqua C are not, but they are a lot more reliable. Prizm like Seaclone do not have the largest or best reputaion in the hobby by any means

shookbrad

This skimmer has worked excellent for me out of the box. I have had no troubles or worries with it. I ran it on my 55 gallon tank and it kept it very clean. I now have a 125 gallon tank so I just built my own skimmer which is working awesom. you can find the plans at http://www.hawkfish.org/snailman/snailmandiy.htm he also has a great section called skimmers 101 that really explains how skimmers work.