protein skimmer?

I have a 92 gallon FO tank corner tank. The way my tank huges the wall I have no room for a overflow box or hangon filter. Is their a skimmer that I can run like a canaster filter under my tank. if so what should i look for. any info would be aprishiated thanks all

gregghia

When you say no room you mean absolutely none or not much. I have the Remora skimmer and its max depth is less then 3' which might work.... if not you could use a canister like a Fluval 405. You can mod the intake hose or shortenit up so it sits close to the top of the water level. That thing sucks in well and give great output flow but then you will have to monitor water lever more often so it doesn't dip below intake hose.

anamilasti

ther is one skimer out there that you can do that with
the skimmer is called typhoon 2
and you can buy whats called a sumpless kit for it.
i cant give you the link to the site its on but you can find it

my tanks only has like a inch - inch 1/2 from the glass to the wall. I did a quick search on the typhoon 2 but could only find the typhoon. if you might have a link could you send it to stevejr@insightbb.com thanks all for your help

fishntx

there is one called the terminator II that has a sump less kit with it. also another option would be to have the tank drilled at the bottom and have overflows internal and have a large sump then you options for skimmers are endless.

stanlalee

tunze DOC skimmers are designed to be placed inside the tank or sump and are as nonintrusive as a skimmer inside a tank can be. the smallest one 9005 is rated for 132 gallons and is only 4.9" x 4.4" x 14.8". uses only 12w. cost $255 most places. with no hang on or sump options this is pretty much the only viable option and a good one to boot. the Terminator is a good skimmer but the skimmer and sumpless kit plus the return pump are going to cost more than the tunze and its sort of complex
Tunze 9005

Terminator sumpless kit
http://a1272.g.akamai.net/7/1272/1121/20050729155158/www.**************.com/images/bigimages/lg_16975_V.jpg

stanlalee

Originally Posted by Kevin34
You could hook up a sump and put a skimmer in there.
did you read the thread at all? he could but he'd have to take the tank down and have it drilled.

kevin34

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
did you read the thread at all? he could but he'd have to take the tank down and have it drilled.
My bad. missed that part.